[ale] RH + Updates [with a little religion added for Drew]

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Mon Aug 25 10:02:27 EDT 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 07:51, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I know people complain about MS having huge service packas and having
> too many of them.  I have to say that I can not keep up with the
> amount of patches RedHat releases.  It seems like every day the little
> blue icon goes red.  Thank GID I'm only doing updates on 2 ocmputers.

I know a lot of folks knock Slackware because it's supposedly too difficult
to maintain when it comes to patches and upgrades, but I must take this
opportunity to...ahem..testify!

Brothahs and sistahs, if I may have yo eahs fo a moment...ahh. I would like
open yo eyes to the truth...ahh. You see my brothahs and sistahs...ahh,
slavin' away a patchin' and apt-gettin' and a deludin' themselves inta
believin' in some magic red carpet ride...ahh, I have a glimpse of the
light...ahh. If you would open yo browsahs with me my brothahs and sistahs
to ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/ chaptah 9.0. We see...PRAISE GOD
WE SEE!!! We see that on the 19th day of March...ahh, in the year of our
Lord 2003...ahh, slack9 was delivered unto ALL GOD'S CHEERDRIN!!! Now turn
with me to /patches and RECOGNIZE!!! Recognize that you can be free of your
burdens! You SHALL be free! For the messenger Patrick does not molest those
packages he was sent to deliver. He does not paint their faces as that of a
harlot. He does not harbor those which are not worthy. He is no protector
of iniquity!!! HE WILL NOT VIOLATE THE COVENANT OF THE PENGUIN!!!
Whooooooooooooo!!! My Lawd!!! CAN I GET AN AMEN...AHH?!!! I said, CAN I GET
AN AMEN?!!! Now let's visit the book of security...ahh, turn with me to
http://slackware.com/security/list.php?l=slackware-security&y=2003 and you
will see..ahh, you will SEE!!! You WILL see that they has been a semteen
security updates in slack9. BEHOLD!!! I speak the truth!!! Deliver yoselves
from the mouth of the red demon and that evil serpent with the bug-eyes!!!
Brothahs and sistahs!!! GET SLACK!!!!

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security