To: Grant Robertson [ale] network intermittently goingdown, HUH ?

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Sat Aug 23 16:51:26 EDT 2003

Wow, I haven't used one of those in forever. I don't have good memories
of them.

There are some things you can do, or at least, things I think I'd try if
I were in your shoes...  Make sure the parallel port is set correctly in
bios.. Not sure what was "required" for that. Obviously it need
bi-directional support, but it seems like there are two bi directional
standards.. ECP and EPP or something like that.

Beyond that, good luck. You might want to look at how you could rethink
what cards are in the system, so you could put in a real nic.  If you've
got two scsi cards for example, could you combine them into one two
channel card? Could you use a USB Ethernet card?

Just some thoughts..
-G