[ale] [WAY OT] Reps was: Torvalds \"SCO Smokes Crack\"!!

runman at speedfactory.net runman at speedfactory.net
Fri Aug 22 12:05:53 EDT 2003

whistle... whistle ... I have a secure and audited web browser & mail program & dns, nice desktops, mail client, ho humm... zippidy do da ....

ok, yes, OpenBSD is not for the masses.  Linux is better (I like Suse as it has turned everything off), and it is not as "nice" as just about everything else (Mac, Windows, Linux, other BSD's), as well as the culture can be judged "harsh" for newbies, but it just depends on what you want.  I have learned an enormous amount by using it and getting it to work, but it is not on the "turn on and play" end of the spectrum most definitely.  I guess Apple followed by Windows followed by Linux (Mandrake - Suse-RH -Debian-Slackware) followed by FreeBSD followed by OpenBSD followed by Plan9 is the lineup from easiest to hardest.

whistle ... think calm peacful thoughts ... diddly de dum ....

Greg