[ale] Unusual scans

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 21 22:04:04 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 05:55:07PM -0400, Dow Hurst wrote:
> ping

No, ping uses ICMP.  These are scans to TCP port 1, which, as Brian
points out, is the tcpmux port.  I did some googling, and it looks like
there was a worm way back in 1998 that affected IRIX, but I haven't seen
anything recent that uses this port.  Is there a new worm on the
horizon?  For IRIX???

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9