[ale] [WAY OT] Reps was: Torvalds "SCO Smokes Crack"!!

Kevin Krumwiede kjkrum at comcast.net
Thu Aug 21 21:15:31 EDT 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:21:55 -0400
Irv Mullins <irvm at ellijay.com> wrote:

> Yes, there's somthing really facist about the voters in
> Calif. begin able to ask for, and get, a recall election.
> A real shame that recalls are still LEGAL.

It really isn't fair how the California system works.  Davis has to have 50% of the votes to keep from being ousted, but the person selected to replace him is likely to win by plurality... e.g., 15% of a vote split sixty ways.

Meanwhile, the Reps in the Texas statehouse are trying to Gerrymander their state to give themselves a couple extra seats in the U.S. Congress (yours and mine!) and illegally levying fines against their Democrat colleagues for refusing to participate in the process.  Traditionally, redistricting in Texas is done every ten years following the U.S. Census.  The last redistricting was two years ago.

Then of course there was the Bush non-election in Florida.  And I'm not talking about stupid chad or confusing ballots, I'm talking about the 66% of voters in key Democratic districts who were turned away from the polls after having been de-registered with no warning or notification.

As Leno joked, it seems the Reps will do anything to win an election... except actually getting the votes.

I was a staunch Republican until King George II opened my eyes.