[ale] new laptop time ... need suggestions

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Aug 21 15:52:45 EDT 2003

Transam wrote:

> I hear that the HPs fall apart and are of poor quality.

As always YMMV, I've got an hp omnibook, pentium 166, still going
strong.  Battery life is about shot, but hey, this thing has got to be
7-8 years old.  I loaded SuSE 8.2 on it just the other day.

I'm quite pleased with my Sony (Gazelle from
http://www.emperorlinux.com).  It's a PCG-GRX700P. 2.4g p4.  It is heavy
though, but I wanted the larger screen (16").

I'd suggest you at least visit emperor linux's web site.  It'll give you
a good idea of what they've gotten to work under linux.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...