[ale] bringing you the Windows ATM...

Transam bob at verysecurelinux.com
Thu Aug 21 15:25:28 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:20:53AM -0400, Jeff Rose wrote:
> I actually saw this at Magic Johnson theatres by Greenbriar Mall.  Had
> to chuckle.  Also had an ATM in a Kroger eat my card.  It rebooted and I
> noticed it running OS/2.

And during Slapper, apparently all of Bank of America's ATMs went down
due to the M$, er, Slapper infestation.

In the past few days, I understand that the incompetent companies closing
operations temporarily due to the blast virus & M$ include Air Canada,
a Swiss bank, and a U.S. power utility.  The Great Northeast Blackout
of 2003's timing with blaster seems coincidental but who knows.

> On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 19:22, Jim Philips wrote:
> > and now if we can get it running...er...here:

> > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11130

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]