[ale] Ernie Ball says F.Y. to Microsoft

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.com
Thu Aug 21 09:13:09 EDT 2003

Here here!

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 08:38, Matthew Magee wrote:

The real cost is the support of the software.  I think the idea of paying for
good support goes well with the tech mindset.  With open source software, the
development costs should be less, so more work can be focused on proper
support.  As we all know, the software package itself is not very usefull
without some knowledge backing it up. Businessmen like Mr. Ball are willing
to pay for solutions, but unwilling to pay for "products" without good
solutions, or that contain hidden costs.