[ale] Internet -> qmail+spamassassin -> Exchange

Nathan J. Underwood lists at cybertechcafe.net
Wed Aug 20 16:41:05 EDT 2003

Ok, I've finally got a Gentoo box, running qmail and SpamAssassin, and (it's all
working).  The idea is to use this box as a store and forward box between my
firewall and M$ Exchange box.  I have done this (a few months ago) with Red Hat,
got everything up and going, but it absolutely killed the little box that it was
on (200MHz with 32MB RAM).  I've since got a much larger box, and can't remember
where I found the info on using it (qmail + SpamAssassin as a store and
forward).  Anyone done this?  If so, could you point me to the docs for it.

When it's all said and done, here's what I want:

mail.mydomain.com will answer [on port 25] as a qmail box, and not Exchange
mail inbound for my domain will be scanned with SpamAssassin (running as a daemon)
mail determined to be spam will be tagged with ****SPAM**** in the subject line
once scanned, mail will be forwarded to the Exchange server (I have my domain in
/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts ), and delivered to the appropriate user
I'm not concerned about outbound mail at this point.

--
Nathan J. Underwood
nathan at cybertechcafe.net
http://www.cybertechcafe.net