[ale] [OT] cell phone IMAP client?

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Wed Aug 20 13:13:06 EDT 2003

*WHY* do all portable IMAP clients want to require M$ or Lotus?? Isn't
IMAP standard and easier??

I can get email to my cell, easily, by using the cell provider's email
gateway and sending mail directly to the email address provided.  What
Those In Power want is to *not* use a cell provider's gateway;  they want
a client to check their campus email, just a nice, standard, boring (even
text-only) IMAP client that will run on a cell phone.  They haven't
settled on a specific phone so if I can find a java one, they'll get a
Java enabled phone, if I find a Brew one, they'll get a Brew enabled
phone, etc.

Alternatively, do any of you know any webmail (apache/php or apache/perl)
clients with WAP interfaces, so they could check their mail in a browser?
I'm familiar with SquirrelMail and IMP, neither of which appear to do
this.

Thanks as always,
jenn