[ale] Remote display technology

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.com
Wed Aug 20 09:45:25 EDT 2003

Slow.  X just breaks it down too small.  I'd love it if fresco were a little further along because it sends things like buttons, frames and such over the wire instead of sending lines, pixels, etc. over like X does.

I've heard of X proxies that enhance the speed, but I haven't tried them.  I hear mixed messages on the benefits.

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 09:28, hbbs at comcast.net wrote:

I was going to ask a similar question - namely, what's it like trying to do
X/ssh over an Internet connection (assume cable/DSL/T1 on the user end)?

- Jeff