[ale] OT Ale Meeting this Thursday

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 19 20:25:57 EDT 2003

Dow Hurst wrote:
> Now be nice Geoffrey! ;-)

:)

> I am here on campus so would enjoy meeting over in the student center
> for a Coke before the meeting.  No beer since it is what it is.  There
> is a Hops over on Barrett Parkway that is a nice place with some
> selection of brews.  Lots of places on Barrett Pkwy so we could pick.
> I'd like to get off work at the time I am supposed to for once, and go
> get something to eat before the meeting.  How about we get suggestions
> from those that are familiar with Town Center Mall and Barrett Parkway?

There's a ton of decent places to eat.  Fridays, Chilis, On the Border,
Hops, Raffertys (pricey, but they have one hell of a salad, get it with
the house dressing). The list continues if you head up or down the
highway there.

I will say this, the worst service/food I've had in that area was at
Joe's Crab Shack.  We had been to one in San Antonio and loved it.
Heard bad things about this one, but went anyway. We should hafe
listened, it was terrible.

> Then we can decide where most people want to go.  We'd need to meet
> around 6:30pm to get in and out by 7:45pm.  The meeting starts at 8pm
> and you have to park and walk.

I could likely make it as long as my daughter doesn't have any math or
science homework that night. :)

> Everyone should use the visitor parking
> if possible since the semester just started and the police are actively
> ticketing.  We have 18K students and are pushed on capacity this fall,
> so parking is a premium during the evening as well as during the day.
> Most students here are commuters.

Which parking lot would be the visitors?  I always park in the one
that's just north of the building.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...