[ale] RE: Snort

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Aug 19 13:48:44 EDT 2003

I've got snort running with the standard distribution configuration
files.  I've got it sending to the database and I'm using ACID.  I'm
actively on the network.  Should I see any thing on the
main ACID screen?

Queried on : Tue August 19, 2003 13:47:55
Database: snort at 192.168.2.5    (schema version: 106)
 Time window: no alerts detected

Sensors: 1
Unique Alerts: 0    (   0 categories   )
Total Number of Alerts: 0
Source IP addresses: 0
Dest. IP addresses: 0
Unique IP links 0

Source Ports: 0
TCP ( 0)  UDP ( 0)
Dest. Ports: 0
TCP ( 0)  UDP ( 0)

That is what I see and I have traffic going back and forth.  Maybe it only
sends data when an alert has been met?