[ale] More info on rsynth problem

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Tue Aug 19 13:08:45 EDT 2003

I am building this on RedHat 7.3 with all updates applied.  As far as I
can tell all the pre-reqs were covered.  The target platform choices for
were: linux, linuxelf and linuxcoff.  So far I have tried linux and
linuxelf with the same errors.  Out of curiosity I tried to locate the
files compilation complains about not finding.

[root at nuthatch jim]# locate -ldnet
fatal error: locate: ERROR: Security level must be 0 or 1.

What could that mean or is that normal?

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 01:48, Jim Seymour wrote:
>> I was wrong, there were some errors in the compile.  Attached is the
error
>> log file.
>
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lM
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> /tmp/ccyzIUzg.o: In function `t':
>> /home/jim/rsynth-2.0/configure:1645: undefined reference to
>> `IceConnectionNumbers'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldnet
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldnet_stub
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> /tmp/ccA8Z6p1.o: In function `t':
>> /home/jim/rsynth-2.0/configure:1761: undefined reference to `t_accept'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsocket
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> configure:1944:28: audio/audiolib.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> Does this look familiar to anyone?
>>
>> TIA,

Thanks,

--