[ale] root apps

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 19 12:15:59 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 09:01 am, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> IN RedHat 8.0 the logout screen asked the question:
> "Do you want to save the session?"  RedHat 9.0
> doesn't ask.  I would really like to have the option
> of saving the session on logging out. That way, if
> something is haywire, I can *NOT* save the session upon
> logging out.

Yes.  I think the "save session" is the default behavior for the newest
version of KDE.  It used to ask you as you were logging out on the last
version.

You can change the defult behavior by opening up the full KDE control center,
clicking on "KDE Componets", then selecting "Session Manager".  Under "On
Login" you can choose "Restore Manually Saved Session" to get a behavior more
like the previous default.  I don't know if it will ask you if you want to
save everytime you logout, as I've never personally used this feature.  I'm
perfectly happy with the way it comes out of the box... ;-)

Anywaze, HTH... :-)

                    "Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
         relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in
             the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair, they
                      mostly married each other.  And here I am"

                                                        (,,oBo,,)
 Wylde Bill                                               ||||
http://lyst.org

http://mrpooter.sytes.net                 wyldechylde at geocities.com

       Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html