[ale] Samba Not Quite Right

John Marasco john at marasco.net
Tue Aug 19 09:50:39 EDT 2003

IIRC you enter a default user or something like that for the samba
shares.  I have read/write samba shares set up at home to view (sans
password) from XP and Linux boxes so I know it can be done.  The Linux
computer and shares show up in the XP network neighborhood exactly the
same as the XP shares do.  If I get a chance I will post tonight if you
can't figure it out.