[ale] Good worm by Microsoft [??]

Debrihmi debrihmi at chaos706.org
Mon Aug 18 22:25:41 EDT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:21:46 -0400, Jonathan Rickman wrote
> On Monday 18 August 2003 22:05, Debrihmi wrote:
>
> > 1. Decreasing Infected Computer Numbers?
>
> Decreasing KNOWN infected hosts. See my earlier post.
>
> > 2. A live trial?
>
> ...that created huge problems on customer networks due to excessive
> ICMP probing...and...
>
> > 3. Not getting into legal hassels?
>
> ...if it were traced back to them they'd be open to a flood of
> litigation
> (see #2). They are not that stupid.
>
> > C'mon, these are the folks who wanna take over the planet with their
> > Palladium Project..
>
> Sorry. Not interested in blind rhetoric. MS had about as much to do
> with this worm as Ariel Sharon's housecat.
>
> --
> Jonathan Rickman
> X Corps Security
> http://www.xcorps.net

You're maybe right, the bottom line is that we just don't really know and
probably won't..  I find it odd however that MS 'refused to comment' on the
whole thing..  I guess if its not it'll fade away, if it is, knowing MS' luck,
it'll hit the fan..
~
Debrihmi
--