[ale] CA suggestion...

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Aug 18 14:48:36 EDT 2003

Check out: http://www.whichssl.org/

The rootCA stuff is a scam. A few companies paid $$ to some browser
makers to get their cert built in. Since no has to do anything to get
the browser to acknowledge the cert is "trusted", they get to charg
whatever they want for the "service" of signing your cert.

It's sort of like the opposite of being too much of a jerk to have real
friends so you pay people to hang around you.