[ale] SuSE - Samba and Webmin

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 18 12:05:24 EDT 2003

Decided to go with SuSE, and purchased SuSE 8.2 Personal Edition. Getting
nVidia drivers to work was a LOT simpler! Just downloaded the drivers, did
init 3, ran the installer, did init 5 and ran SaX2. Clicked on Graphics card,
and enabled 3D. That pulled in the nVidia drivers. Hooray!

So - it looks like the personal edition does not contain Samba and Webmin, or
at least I don't know how to select and install them. Do I go out to
www.samba.org and pull it from there, or where would I go to get an RPM for
Samba for SuSE? Same thing for Webmin.

While the original ftp install went okay, it's a lot simpler with a boxed set.
Serves me right for being cheap.