[ale] Making 2.6 kernel

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 17 12:41:28 EDT 2003

>You'll need to read the README file. The build process has changed. make
>xconfig is no longer an option that work with out loads of stuff. This
>was a big bone of contention a while back in 2.5.x when the change was
>made. The new process uses a mess of QT libs. I _think_ make menuconfig
>may still be around.

I've read the README - pointless. I've been looking for a HOWTO
or something. I've tried looking for something by Roman, but I can't
seem to find anything. I've got QT installed (3.0.3) so, if I remember
correctly from the kernel mailing list, I'm set. I can't remember though
if there environment variables to set or not.

Oh well, thanks anyway. Back to google.

Jeff