[ale] Oracle DBI install -Perl/Linux

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Sat Aug 16 22:43:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Armsby John-G16665 wrote:
> I do not have a client.  I guess I will have to obtain it.
> what a pain.
> I am beginning to see how this little project is shaping up.

http://oracle.com  http://technet.oracle.com
You can download it from there.  The client install is usually pretty
easy, especially on more recent OS installs.  Just make sure that you have
java installed...and you may or may not run into a shared library hassle
or two on the install, but it's not too bad.  After that, you need to
install/compile the DBI and DBD:Oracle perl stuff.  Setup your
tnsnames.ora/sqlnet.ora and you are good to go.

Makes me like MySql more and more.  But if you need Oracle, it won't
help :)