[ale] Re: Trying to make the switch to Linux

Michael Hartman sailhartman at comcast.net
Wed Aug 13 19:14:25 EDT 2003

Wow,

The response has been overwhelming.  Thanks to
everyone for such quick turnaround.  I now know that I have a Pentium so I
can do the switch and that I should be able to convert my excel files and I
found a couple of websites for D-Link downloads.  Should be able to figure
out the HP stuff as well.

The documentation with SuSE 8.2 indicated that NT
4.0 has a different file format so that I couldn't prtition etc. which is
fine.  I've backed up all my data files.  Is there anything special I
need to do to my harddrive prior to loading the software?? (or does the install
guide take me through that?)

Anything else to think about prior to overhauling
my laptop??

Thanks again to everyone for their rapid

Michael