[ale] Trying to make the switch to Linux

Zachary Link zack at the-links.net
Wed Aug 13 14:08:43 EDT 2003

> ---How do I ensure that my laptop is Pentium, thus eligible for the
When you boot, the BIOS screen (when checking memory) will probably
mention the processor type, although briefly.

> ---The disks have openoffice.org on it too...I will be able to use my
> older excel files still, right?
My OO.org says it can save Excel 95/97/200/XP, so I assume it can read
them, although you might have some reformatting to do.  Also, you can
install Excel if push comes to shove using wine or crossover office.

Zack