[ale] new t-40 thinkpad...

Rebecca Jones jones.rebecca at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 19:21:58 EDT 2003

Being an utter newbie, I'm looking for clarification.

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 15:25, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> Here is what I did on my hp ZE1250.

Want to do the same to my hp ze1210.  =)

> 1) Used LNX-BBC to fdisk the hard drive.

You're starting from scratch??  I've been using my laptop for a bit ... I can
back it up, but it would be easier if I can just resize my existing partion.

> 2) Created 34 partitions.  1 for XP
> 3) Used the reocery CD's to format an install
>    on new partition.  Did not do another fdisk.

This doesn't wipe the drive first?

> 4) Installed Linux
> 5) Finished

Another question for ya, did you get the battery monitor working?  Everything
I've read about Linux on HP pavillions seems to indicate it's broken.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Beckie