[ale] Re: [ale-admin] Offer to host meetings

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Aug 12 12:16:54 EDT 2003

As in Atlanta Linux Showcase?? The event that was hailed as the BEST
Linux conference anywhere in North America?!

It is long overdue for a resurrection. USENIX flopped on it's face. If I
recall correctly, the drawing area for ALS was pretty much the entire
southeastern US for attendees.

There are other LUGs nearby that might be willing to pitch in some
remote effort time.

I am very willing to make some time to help this get revived.

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 12:01, Geoffrey wrote:
> Michael D. Hirsch wrote:

> >>I would agree, but I don't know how to get everyone together, unless you
> >>call it an install fest.  For some reason, they come out of the walls
> >>then. :)
> >

> > We used to call it ALS.  <sniff> <sob>
>
> Dare we bring it up?  How about it, would it be possible to resurrect
> ALS?  What would it take?
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part