[ale] Re: [ale-admin] Offer to host meetings

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 12 11:05:39 EDT 2003

Hogg, Russell E wrote:

> Hmm...
>
> What are the risks of decentralizing ALE so?
> Are all the "perimeter" meetings easier to get to?

Yes.

> What if we had "Central" meetings less often?  Say quarterly.
>
> And the other meetings continued monthly.
>
> Would people be more willing to fight the traffic headaches if it were only
> 4 times a year?

I think it's unlikely, as they would be forgotten, only quarterly.
That's just me though.

> Seems to me there is some value in an occasional large scale meeting of
> everyone.

I would agree, but I don't know how to get everyone together, unless you
call it an install fest.  For some reason, they come out of the walls
then. :)

> <cliché>Whole being greater than the sum of it's parts.</cliche>
>
> Just food for thought.  I hate for the list to be the only thing that binds
> us.

I don't think that is the case.  But, I do see value in having a
quarterly get together for all folks.  Question is, how do we go about
doing that?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...