[ale] RE:Used Computer Part

Greg Gill gillgreg at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 7 21:45:02 EDT 2003

Indeed trying to rescue data is exactly what I
Am trying to do. One of the chips on the board actually
Has a hole burnt in it. And of course there is stuff
I need on the drive that was not backed up. :o(

Thanks,
Greg Gill
gillgreg at bellsouth.net

James wrote:

The basement or closet (or desktop) of nearly every person on this list
:)

Check around for Mac's. They used loads of Quantum Fireball drives (nice
and reliable).=20

Sounds like you are trying to rescue data from a dying drive. Best of
luck. All of mine die with sound effects like
thumping/grinding/scraping-nails-across-chalkboard stuff.=20

Quick inventory check show no quantum fireball drives around here.
bummer.