[ale] OT: Load Balancer

Chris Egolf cegolf at ugholf.net
Thu Aug 7 12:38:51 EDT 2003

Look at LVS -- Linux Virtual Server.

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

I've been using the standard LVS product in a production environment for almost
2 years.  It's an IP level load balancer (layer 4?) so it can't do layer 7.
Combined with the keepalived project it can also manage servers in the cluster
by adding/removing them based on their 'health'.

Chris
Brian wrote:
> I'm currently looking forward on getting a load
> balancer for some of our servers. Can anyone recommend
> a good product that I might want to consider? Any home
> brewed balancers out there? Any thoughts regarding
> this would be appreciated. Thanks

                                Chris Egolf
              http://www.ugholf.net     cegolf at ugholf.net