[ale] UPS software

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Thu Aug 7 07:17:29 EDT 2003

What is the best UPS monitoring software for Linux these days?  I don't
require a lot, but one feature I would like is support for multiple servers
connected to a single UPS, and shutting them all down if necessary.

Let me ask another question about UPS auto-shutdown:
This is the way I see a  normal setup (If I'm wrong, just tell me):

Server connected to UPS.  When the battery gets lows, the server shuts itself
down.  The Server is setup (BIOS) so that if power goes off, and then comes
back on, it powers up again.

If this is correct, then isn't there a window of time where the server might
shutdown, and NOT come back up? (if the power comes back online before the
battery finishes running out).

Thanks
David