[ale] MS 5Button USB Mouse with IntelliEye

Thomas Holmquist fishy at ipa.net
Tue Aug 5 20:44:53 EDT 2003

The problem is not in your X config, but instead in your kernel config.

1st. Make sure you have USB setup correctly
2nd. Under Input Core Support select Yes for: Input core
support(CONFIG_INPUT), and Mouse Support(CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV), Fill
out your normal screen res (under X). (adding keyboard support is optional)
3rd.Under USB Support select USB Human Interface Device (full HID)
support. then Under that select HID input layer support.

Recompile your kernel, and your mouse should work! (don't forget too
cross your fingers!)