[ale] Red Hat sues SCO

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Aug 5 16:09:57 EDT 2003

> > The best way to make companies pay for blatent valuation manipulation is
> > to short their stock...pass the word...
> > If the Red Hat claim has merit then Red Hat would have done better
> > shorting $1,000,000 in SCO stock to cover their damages.  The lawsuit
> > will reap little as SCO is basically broke...
> > This is a good time to make some money yourself if you feel so certain
> > that SCO is manipulating their stock...

You should probably take the stock market (and your money) a bit more
seriously and think that concept through.

> > If you don't have the money to open a brokerage account then get
> > together a group of friends and do so...if you can't trust people in the
> > open source community then who can you trust?

The stock market is an "open playing field" that composes of more than Linux
users. Can you trust ALL of the people trading in the stock market?

> > Any "profits" can always be donated back to the OSF...if you are just
> > too liberal to stomach the idea of capital gains.  After all, you are
> > only taking money from people betting against Linux, right?

And what of losses?
What if you get caught on the wrong side of that bet and your options expire
worthless? A little more PR/press releases from SCO *could* go a long way to
sway the un-educated masses into taking a long position.
You cannot use the "buy and hold" strategy as a bear.

> > In any case, to kick things off I'm in at 12.61.  Wish me luck...

I wish you luck. Your heart is in the right place, I just hope you placed your
bet at the right place/time/amount.

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com