[ale] Digital cable and Freevo/MythTV/Tivo/<insert pvr here>

Josh Freeman josh at catea.org
Tue Aug 5 11:08:00 EDT 2003

You can buy an IR transmitter that goes from the PVR to the cable box
that will allow the PVR to switch channels on the cable box, thus
getting the extra channels. My roommate has just ordered such a beast
for our MythTV box, and I will be sure to report back on how it works.

Josh

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 10:50, John Wells wrote:
> I've been planning on building a Linux PVR and have almost assembled all
> the hardware I need.  I plan on getting going on this next week.
>
> I also just installed Comcast digital cable yesterday.  After the fact, I
> realized that I probably won't be able to take advantage of the extra
> channels provided by digital cable with my PVR...
>
> Is this the case, or is there a way around it?  Anyone out there with a
> similar setup?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Josh Freeman
Technical Manager
Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access