[ale] Interesting trojan attempt?

Debrihmi debrihmi at chaos706.org
Mon Aug 4 06:35:01 EDT 2003

Nope, they just moved us from Netscape over to Outlook (so we could conform
company standards)  I've been preaching Linux for well over a year; some of
the IT folks agree but nothing has ever been done..  I've recently made new
Linux car tags for our LUG and just happen to go to the office to rag on the
boss about his choice in OSes, and to try to prod him to a meeting..  It just
so happens that at that very moment one of the IT guys was spazzing out over
the bug in the system, so I took the opportunity to mime behind the guy
"Linux! Lunix!.. MS a no-no!" while pointing to my new tag..  The IT guy did
not find it funny, but the boss and I had a laugh, however, that is far as any
Linux related stuff gets in our big company..  Its frustrating to say the least..

~
Debrihmi

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 16:53:01 -0400, Geoffrey wrote
> Debrihmi wrote:
> > Yeah it's a pain..  Our company is all MS and we got hit on Friday..
> > Tell ya something, when you're in the middle of production the first
> > thing you do is just open your email so you can read it and get it
> > out of the way..  Needless to say I we had a hell of a time (1500 +
> > people); they had to shutdown the server just to get a handle on it..
> > I hope that tomorrow everything is back to normal..
>
> Did they learn anything from the experience?  Will the move to a
> more secure platform.  I doubt it. :(

> The latest, most widespread virus?  Microsoft end user agreement.
> Think about it...

~
Debrihmi
--
Member, "Chattahoochee Area Open Source" (http://chaos706.org)
Member, "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts (ALE)" (http://ale.org)

-=[ Ask me about Linux and be Amazed ]=-