[ale] low end laser printer or high end ink jet?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Aug 2 22:26:49 EDT 2003

Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> On Saturday 02 August 2003 12:04 am, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>So, do I go with the high end inkjet or will I be happy with the low end
>>HP laser at 600x600???
>>

> You have not given us the one critical piece of data:
> What kinds of things to you want to print on this printer.

Well, I broke down and picked up a Minolta qms 2300 DL.  The
linuxprinting.org site noted it 'mostly' works, but I was fortunate to
run into a Linux savy guy at Microcenter who had just helped a friend
install one recently.

It'll do 2400x600, has ethernet, is bloody fast and really sharp images.
  I'm quite pleased with it.

The only supported HP I could even find was at Microcenter (2500) and
they wanted $1300.  Top it off, it was a special order, you had to pay
100% up front, no returns permited and they guy said you had to pay
sales tax.  I told him I had read clearly that if an item was not
available and you paid 100% on that tax free day, you wouldn't have to
pay tax.  Regardless, I didn't want to drop that much anyway.

Thanks for you input though because before I received your email, I had
decided to get a high end inkjet.  You posting helped me change my mind,
but I was literally on the way out the door, thus had no time to respond
at the time.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...