[ale] Preferred Paint program

Debrihmi debrihmi at chaos706.org
Sat Aug 2 19:07:59 EDT 2003

OpenOffice Draw is very Corel which helps ME because I excell at CorelDraw!..
Sodipodi is also a very good drawing program, both Vectored..

~
Debrihmi

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 15:52:26 -0400, Alexander Barton wrote
> How about Dia?  It's in the same vein as Visio, but not nearly as
> many features.  I'm using it (for the first time) to help illustrate
> a design document at work.  Visio would have been better, but I'm
> not giving up my Linux-only desktop at work.  :-)
>
> -A
>
> David Corbin wrote:
> > GIMP is a great program.  But it's specialty is image manipulation.  In my
> > experience, (could be I'm just too stupid), it does a louse job at drawing
> > images (maps, shapes, etc.)  Is there a better/standard Linux program for
> > something like this?   In the Windows world, I'd probably use PaintShop Pro.
> >

> > Thanks
> > David

~
Debrihmi
--
Member, "Chattahoochee Area Open Source" (http://chaos706.org)
Member, "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts (ALE)" (http://ale.org)

-=[ Ask me about Linux and be Amazed ]=-