[ale] Fresh Gentoo Install :) Getting Closer, but mouse won't work

Nathan J. Underwood lists at cybertechcafe.net
Sat Aug 2 14:12:14 EDT 2003

Everyone,

     I've got Gentoo up and running, and now I'm working on X.  I got X
installed (and it seems happy), but I can't seem to get my mouse going.  I've
got USB support, and dmesg gives me the following:

Manufacturer: Microsoft
Product: Microsoft 5-Button Mouse with IntelliEye(TM)
hiddev0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Mirrosoft Microsoft 5-Button Mouse with
IntelliEye(TM)] on usb1:2.0
usb.c: hid driver claimed interface c1a6b440

I have the following in /etc/X11/XF86config:

Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "Microsoft" (also tried IMPS2)
Option "Device" "/dev/usb/hid/hiddev0" (too lazy to make a symlink to /dev/mouse)
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

When X starts, the cursor is in the middle of the screen.  If I move the mouse,
it moves to (usually) the top left corner, and stays there.  Any ideas?

--
Nathan J. Underwood
nathan at cybertechcafe.net
http://www.cybertechcafe.net