[ale] new laptop...

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Sat Aug 2 11:57:40 EDT 2003

This question has come up on the OpenBSD list also.  The consensus was IBM,
Dell, and everyone else.  Dell is second due to rotten customer service
after the sale (unless you are a big company and can go thru a company rep).
I saw no complaints against IBM on the thread unless you didn't like their
pointer thingy - but then again many use a plugged in mouse.  I have an old
IBM laptop (300 MHZ) and I run Suse/Windows 98 / Windows 2K Pro with no
problems.  The Suse install was as easy as feeding it CD's.

Good Luck,

Greg