[ale] Dominating the Linux Desktop

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Sat Aug 2 09:55:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday 02 August 2003 08:03, aaron wrote:

> Is Dropline Gnome tied to Slackware, or do you think it could be
> integrated into another distro without a lot of difficulty?? My up and
> coming system is a  media production workstation and I need a lot of the
> the media tools that come pre-packaged and conveniently ready to install
> with Mandrake and/or Suse.

It is definitely tied to Slackware. But considering the nature of Slack
packages, it would be possible to extract and install manually.

Better yet, turn the question around. Are your media tools that difficult to
install on Slackware? I've converted at least a dozen people to Slackware
by showing them Dropline. </distro evangelism fishing expedition>

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security