[ale] new laptop...

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Sat Aug 2 03:05:44 EDT 2003

Well, it's new laptop time, and I want to take advantage of the
tax-free weekend.  I haven't looked around specifically at the
best deals around town and was hoping you might clue me in if you
know of any and where I should look first.

I'd like about an AMD xp1800 or better with decent graphics, but
not necessarily ultra game-worthy.  Reliability and durability
are my biggest concerns (and compatibility with *nix, since I
don't do windows).  I was thinking of one of the Dell inspirons
(a p4).  Had good luck with Thinkpads in the past.  Looking for
wireless and ethernet included, if possible.

I'm looking in the $1000-1500 range.

Any hot tips?  TIA.

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net