[ale] Correct Kernel Settings [Gentoo] for Sound Blaster Card

Nathan J. Underwood lists at cybertechcafe.net
Fri Aug 1 18:59:17 EDT 2003

(not sure if this helps, but) I also did an lsmod to try to find out if anything
was currently running, but couldn't find anything.  Parused the /proc filesystem
for a clue (/proc/interrupts, etc.), but didn't find anything that I could use
there, either.  As you can tell, it's quite possible that I don't know what I'm
doing here :-D (but I'm tryin')

Quoting "Nathan J. Underwood" <lists at cybertechcafe.net>:

> I'm setting up my new 2.4x kernel, and I want to make sure that I get the
> sound
> card right.  Here's what I've got
>
> dmesg log says:
> isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards
> isapnp: SB audio device quirk - increasing port
> isapnp: AWE32 quirk - adding two ports
> isapnp: Card 'Creative SB AWE64PnP'
>
> Not quite sure which sound card to 'turn on' in the kernel config (make
> menuconfig).
> --
> Nathan J. Underwood
> nathan at cybertechcafe.net