[ale] Gnome Applets

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 1 18:04:07 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 05:26:40PM -0400, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> Does anyone have a quick and dirty guide to writing gnome applets?
> I need to create a small ACPI compatible battery monitor for my laptop.
> Below is C code that gets status. It seems the gnome battery applet only
> supports APM.  My laptop does not use APM.

Why not get the source for the gnome battery applet and modify the
function that gets the status?  For Debian, the gnome battery applet is
in a package called gnome-applets; it should be in a similar package for
other distros, or you could just get the source here:
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gnome-applets/gnome-applets_2.2.2.orig.tar.gz

I've written a couple of applets in the past, but they were for gnome 1,
which isn't even remotely similar to a gnome 2 applet.  I started with a
similar applet and modified the source.

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9