[ale] Honeypots

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Apr 28 20:18:13 EDT 2003

Stephen Turner wrote:
> well i have an odd fetish of sorts, i like screwing with peoples minds. i
> dont do it often but i get a real kick out of it. im aware that like
> anything else the perverbial "s##t can hit the fan" issue comes up here
> but mostly aside from screwing with heads i feel this might help me learn
> about security with linux.

You've got of plenty of other ways to learn something about linux.  When
you've never driven a car before, you don't jump into an f16 fighter jet.

Stephen, you're in over your head.  Do yourself a favor and put your
efforts towards other means of learning about linux security.  honeypots
are not the starting place for this effort.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...