[ale] Mozilla Firebird is pretty cool

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Apr 28 17:32:44 EDT 2003

On Monday 28 April 2003 05:16 pm, Stephen Turner wrote:
> if im not badly mistaken phoenix or firebird from mozilla is the browser
> using the code from apple's new browser. apple took some free open
> source code, made it as fast as they could and then gave it back to the
> community

You are badly mistaken, I'm afraid.  Apple took KHTML, the core of
Konqueror, my favorite browser (Yay!), improved it, and passed the results
back to the community.  Good for apple, though the license requires it
anyway.  Some results can be seen in the version of Konqueror in KDE
3.1.1, though my understanding is that not all Apples improvements have
been integrated, yet.

Michael