[ale] OT: Stock Traders?

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sun Apr 27 00:04:57 EDT 2003

Yes. It makes sense to me. We often hear people saying "buy and hold" - but I
bet most of those people are pump and dump. :)

It never seemed logical for someone to hold a stock while the price dips from
$100 to $50 on faith that the price will bounce back. Methinks one should
sell at $75 and buy it after the stock rebounds.

Some "gurus" say that you can't time the market. That's fine. I don't have 1
share of everything on the market. However, I can watch the individual prices
of the stocks I own and make logical decisions based on that information.

I read this quote somewherez:
"People that claim the buy and hold through a market downturn, are simply
telling you that they don't know when to get out."

Drew

On Saturday 26 April 2003 04:24 am, Christopher Bergeron wrote:

> I figured I'd add my .02 cents (pun intended) on this one - Apparently,
> there's a good new book that was just published by Ben Stein (Ferris
> Bueler?  Anyone?) about timing the markets.  Specifically, the premise
> of the book is that you CAN time the markets (I think that's the title
> of the book too) and out-yield normal returns.  He goes into detail
> about buying low and selling high (but doing so long term), and that the
> yields of "timing" the market long-term are significantly higher overall
> than a buy-and-hold strategy.
>
> Best regards,
> - -CB
>
> F. Grant Robertson wrote:
> |Either he was an amazing gambler, or a really lousy broker. Either way,
>
> most of us mere mortals will do much better int he market than "playing
> the ponies".
>
> |-G

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com