[OT] Re: [ale] pci video card with TV in

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Apr 24 14:15:14 EDT 2003

    John> Are you viewing it via a television or computer monitor?
    John> I'm curious to picture quality on a tv set...

Right now on a monitor (19" LCD).  It's possible to view the files
with a patched mplayer and I've done so with my laptop's TV out hooked
up to the big TV and it actually looked a bit better on the TV than it
does on the monitor (because the monitor's blowing 352x400 to
1280x1024 whereas the TV was only at 800x600).

    John> Also, can you watch live while recording?

No, since I've only got one tuner card (which is why I'm thinking of
getting a second since I could watch and record simultaneously, or
record two things simultaneously).  Of course since it takes ~50% CPU
to record I'd probably be pushing things to do so (which is why I'm
also considering getting a bit beefier dedicated box :).

770 294-0820 (m)      |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=