[ale] Vserver + Disti

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Apr 23 12:58:15 EDT 2003

Guys/Gals,

I've got my vserver working but I need to put a linux disti inside.  In
the past I've taken a RH disti and stripped it bear but this almost
always yields a system that is still too big and has stuff not needed.

What I need to do is build a / from scrathc under vmware.  Thne tar it
up and use it as my template for all the VDS"s that I need.  What is the
best approach to get something simple?

Needed:
1) base,
2) Apache + Php
3) perl
4) ssh
5) sendmail
6) pop3 and imap

So the above is what I really need I might have forgotten a few things
but that is all.  Should I start with gentoo?

Thanks,
Chris