[ale] What to use

hbbs at attbi.com hbbs at attbi.com
Wed Apr 23 11:20:13 EDT 2003

I'm fascinated by this stuff.

My days of coding regularly are way past, but I developed an interest in Python
and Perl and chose to look more into Python.  I think it's mostly a result of my
being "old-school" (e.g., FORTRAN, BASIC, Pascal, ATLAS).

It also occurs to me that at this point in time, any programming I do is likely
to be pretty tame stuff complexity-wise and as such Python's "warts" probably
aren't going to bite me as badly as they might people who are trying to solve
arbitrary problems.

- Jeff