[ale] Need CID popup that works with vgetty

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Apr 21 17:34:05 EDT 2003

I don't use vgetty, but I'll assume that it works just like mgetty since
it's the voice extension of the same.  I actually have mgetty execute a
script when I get a call and the cid is passed to the script.  The
script calls festival so that I have audible caller id.

Festival is a text to voice converter, so rather than looking for a
window pop up, I hear the caller id info.

You could do the same by taking advantage of the ability to call a
script and have it pop up a tcl window or something.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...