[ale] Howto change install Destination

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Apr 18 20:12:30 EDT 2003

  --relocate OLDPATH=NEWPATH
              For  relocatable  binary packages, translate all file
paths that
              start with OLDPATH in the package relocation hint(s) to
NEWPATH.
              This  option  can be used repeatedly if several OLDPATH's
in the
              package are to be relocated.

You will need to first run rpm -qpl package.rpm to find _where_ it wants
to put everything, then using --relocate OLDPATH=NEWPATH will put the
stuff where you tell it.

Note** Some packages _can_ be marked norelocate which will prevent this
from working.