[ale] php+oracle 9i linux help please

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Wed Apr 16 14:08:00 EDT 2003

I have actually tried a couple of different queries, and one of them just
never bothers to return from the exec and will hang (and not time out) I
guess forever.  I let it go for 15 minutes before killing it.  And yes,
"select table_name from user_tables" works great from sqlplus, both
locally and remotely.

Also have tried a couple of web based Oracle "manager" tools similar to
PHPMyAdmin (this is all internal so no security issues).  They do the same
thing -- they'll connect so obviously the TNS stuff is there, but
ociexecute will fail with the two-task error.

Thanks,
jenn